Friday, April 1, 2011

April Showers Bring...Babies?

Well, I hope April will bring me a baby!  I don't think Baby M can incubate much longer.  It is time for her to arrive.  The nursery is still awaiting it's finishing touches, but I am too afraid to puncture holes in the newly painted walls to hang my art and framed prints without a second opinion.  Alas, I think this final touch will have to wait until my mother gets to town, which means after baby comes.  Not sure that I trust the husband on this one.  If I could even drag him in there to hold things up and ask for his opinion, he would barely look up and say, "Yeah, looks great there.  Now can I get back to the game?"  Sorry, honey, but you know it's true.

In the meantime, Happy April!  Here is my ode to April Showers....

I love the idea of using an umbrella as a motif on a bridal or baby shower invite.  The literal interpretation is always fun.

Invitation by PaperSource
Love this one...
Invitation by minted

Invitation by seller on Etsy (no longer available)

Invitation by seller on Etsy (also no longer available on the site)

And here's one of my own that I designed a few years back...
Invitation by E|M Design

1 comment:

  1. MBC stands for Major Baby Congratulations to you and your growing new family. I love the name you chose. Is it true she was born on 4/13 at 4:13PM? Love, Johnnny and Kit

    ReplyDelete