Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!  

What a special year this is when it comes to things for which I am ever so thankful.  I don't think I properly gave due thanks on Thanksgiving Day, and I'd like to take a moment to be thankful.

I am thankful for the simple things in life that make you stop and enjoy the moment, like the crackling of a fire in the fireplace, the smell of coffee, the sweetness of our playful pup galloping around the backyard, a little kick in the belly from my unborn baby girl reminding me she is there and a simple good night kiss every night from my best friend (well, both of them, my dog and my husband).

I am thankful for my family, their patience listening to me babble and their confidence in me.  I am so lucky to have such a wonderfully supportive family and to have married into such loving in-laws as well.  I am so thankful for my husband and our big sweet pup, and most thankful that we are expecting a new member to our immediate family this spring.

I am thankful for my friends, and the bonds that we have that only grow stronger over the years as we face challenges, set backs, loss and triumph together.  I could not be more proud of them all.

I am thankful for laughter.  It is my medicine.  I am also thankful for tears.  They heal.

I am thankful to be doing something I love as my "job" (if you can call it that).  I love being creative and using my artistic right-brain.  I love working with my friends and friends of friends, and helping them to express themselves and their businesses through visual communication.

Lastly, I am thankful for this outlet.  My blog has allowed me to express myself and share my interests, and has forced me to reconnect with my creative self.  I am really thankful (and amazed) that someone besides just me actually reads my blog.  Thank you!

I could go on and on, but this about covers my general thanks.  What are you most thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment