Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday (and 2010)

Want to know the story behind the song?  Then you might enjoy one of the many interesting offerings of the year 2010.  Keith Richards memoir/autobiography, "Life", came out this fall.  Apparently Ruby Tuesday was the song's title character based on an old girlfriend of his, who was not named Ruby.  Then the chain restaurant nabbed the name from the song many years ago.  My husband is reading Keith's book now, and I enjoy hearing the fun bits and pieces he chooses to read aloud for me.

The year 2010 was a big one for me and my growing family, and 2011 will be even more memorable with the pending arrival of our baby girl this spring.  It is hard to think back as far as last January, but it is only healthy to step back, reflect and recap the year as we move forward.

Here are my TEN 2010 Most Memorables (in no particular order):

1. The Nashville Flood

2. My 30th Birthday

3. Finding out that we are having a BABY!!

4. Finding out that we are not only having a baby, but that it's a baby GIRL!

5. Our trip to Italy
Positano, Italy

6. My sister moving to Paris

7. My baby brother starting college

The Graduate!
8. Starting my graphic design business

9. Tom graduating from business school and starting his dream job

10. A few best friends' weddings, visits to new mommies and their new babes, and sharing these special moments with them as our lives are changing.

What are your most memorable moments of 2010?  It is hard to think back and lump all of these things into one year.  Some seem like yesterday and others like eons ago.  It is amazing to think what 2011 will bring after a year like this.  So many challenges, tears, laughter, joy, and so many special moments.  It is never easy, but no one said it would be.  With so many happy moments to look back on, there have to be some challenges or we would take it all for granted.

Stay tuned for my "year in print" post.  I tried to pull together some of my favorite designs of the year for this next post.  I had so much fun working on all of these fun projects.  Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment